Prevention is the best cure for inconvenient sewer overflows due to blocked drains.
The smell from the effluent from a blocked sewer is a magnet flies & bacteria which can also pose a health risk. Numerous of factors that contribute towards sewer blockages, and more often than not they are the result of months of build up.
There are however warning signals that a blocked drain is looming, which if indentified early prevent after hour call outs.
- Foul odours are potentially a sign of blockages.
- Traps syphoning out of fixtures.
- Sucking & gurgling are sounds associated with blockages
- Sanitary fixtures with water not draining clear.
- Overflowing of internal or exterior gully grates IS shafts and vents.
- Debris around gully grates.
It is often the most obvious things that are the biggest offenders;
- Excessive toilet paper is one of the most common causes of blockages on public or high use toilet facilities.
- The disposal of nappy liners and sanitary items down toilets.
- Fat, grease and oil, stick to the insides of drains and solidify to cause an obstruction in the sewer.
- Tree roots are common causes for sewer blockages which in turn damaged pipe work.
- Hair slipping down shower drains and basins creates drain blockages.
Longbeach plumbing has varity of solutions to the clear blockages using Air guns, Sewer machines, Hydro jetters , CCTV drain cameras, Bio clean , Vaporooter are just a few of the methods used to keep drains clear.
Call us on 0412 26 74